Volunteers are the mainstay of our organization. Volunteer opportunities for our programs are always developing, it is best to register as a C2C volunteer and get yourself on our volunteer listserve. You will be notified on a regular basis of specific tasks and events/activities that we need help with. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 738-0893.
WE ALSO NEED EQUIPMENT DONATIONS (given as an in kind donation)
- Portable display board that can sit on a 4ft table
- A Utility Cart
- Pads of chart paper – 26″ x 34″
- A good quality speaker phone
- A flat computer monitor
- Copy Paper – 20 lb. weight , white and all colors
- INK JETS: #21, #22, #92, #93, #57, #58, #98, #88LX, #88
- COPIER TONER CARTRIDGES: Canon E40, Sharp AR-155
- For the Vigils at the NW Detention Center: Large Coffee Airpot, Medium Size Cooler, Coffee, paper coffee cups
- For Raices Culturales Youth Mentoring Project: stainless steel water bottles for the youth, movies on DVD’s, board games, electronic games and books-age appropriate from 10 yrs. – 18 yrs. on sustainability, farm worker justice, food justice, ethical consumerism, non-violence, etiquette, etc.
- General program assistance: learn about C2C’s projects as we are developing and implementing the project work; research on policies related to C2C’s projects, data base, phone calling, event logistics, assisting with developing materials, tabling
- Internships / Work Study: Contact Erin Thompson directly – we are always happy to work with students that need hands-on community based work to meet their educational needs
- Formacion Civica: Register Voters for C2C
- Organize a Food Justice Movie Series; C2C has collected a lot of movies related to food justice and would love to get them out to the community; we need someone who would take this on as a project.
- Rest Area Fundraisers: help out serving coffee and cookies for donations at the Custer rest area on I-5 going South, 2 – hr. shifts, we do three fundraisers a year to raise money for our youth program activities and equipment
- Monthly Vigils at the NW Detention Center: we need gas money or folks willing to drive supporters to Tacoma, help organize car pooling, help preparing materials and equipment for the vigil, help making signs and banners; donations of food, coffee, fresh fruit, cold drinks etc.
- Support the Immigrant Solidarity Committee: every second Wednesday of the month our immigrant solidarity committee meets to discuss the current situation of immigrant rights both nationally and here in Whatcom county; assist with taking notes and planning actions to support immigrant rights.
- Raices Culturales Youth Mentoring Project: help out with logistics, seeking in-kind donations for various activities, be a safe driver transporting the youth to and from field trips and activities, mentor a Latino student, help out with our big fundraiser the Cesar Chavez Community Supported Justice Pot Luck next March 31, 2011
- Loomis Trail Organic Cooperative Training Center: assist with developing a farm plan for 2011, general organic farming tasks, seeking donations of equipment and supplies